We started Kenpo for much the same reasons as everybody else, we wanted our sons to be able to look after themselves and not be bullied, Dad started to stay fit, and Mum started to share an experience with the rest of her family and learn how to be a kick ass martial artist. Our youngest son was just 7 years old and he is now in his late 20’s and still doing it.
The Churchs are a family of martial artists consisting of 4 black belts with over 80 years of combined Martial Arts Experience. The family earned their 1st black belts through Shaolin Kempo New Zealand and have been studying Jeff Speakman’s Kenpo Karate 5.0 System since 2009.
We are dedicated to giving you the best possible experience you could ask for. Martial Arts is more than punching and kicking. Its about respect, discipline, and becoming a goal oriented achiever in every aspect of life. And… we know how to have fun! Our classes are filled with smiles and laughter. You’ll make friends, enjoy your time, and walk away happier than when you came.
We maintain international training and grading standards, regulated through Jeff Speakman’s Kenpo Karate 5.0 System, with annual World Champs held in Las Vegas.
Make the right decision. Try Kenpo 5.0 today and get started on your black belt journe.y
You will notice:
- Mix of males and females.
- Lots of smiles, fun and laughter
- A genuine commitment to want to make you a good martial artist – better, stronger, faster.
- People simply enjoying themselves and training hard at the same time.
- Lots of families training
- Lots of variety, self defence training, ground fighting, weapon training
- People getting fit and coming out of their comfort zone
- Excellent student to instructor ratio
- Open and approachable instructors
- Encouragement at every turn.